Re: gEDA-user: Removing soldermask over traces/polygons in PCB?

Em Qua 19 Jan 2005 15:03, Steve Meier escreveu:
> Do you really want bare copper or would bare copper with the surface
> finish be ok? If so create one or more "devices", with land patterns, to
> represent the exposed contacts. Then place these phony devices on the
> board. I like to put them in the schematic, perhaps connected to a
> ground plane, as well.

Well, there is a problem because I cant make device with land pattern in the
diagonal orientation, so the line must be made with horizontal or vertical
lines only. And there is a problem, because that kind of lines is to conduct
high levels of currents, and using only 90 degrees curves makes the
inductance be indreased, and of course the line becomes longer. And its a
boring process, because I must represent every piece of land pattern in the
schematic (because of the netlist) and must create every piece too. Its not a
solution.

I made a suggestion on the pcb site, without answer, I dont know how difficult
is it to implement, to made a way to edit the solder mask with lines and
poligons, using some boolean operations. Like, enabling the show of the
soldermask, when selecting the line command, the line will erase the
soldermask where I draw it. To make it perfect, the soldermask must be drawn
with transparency, these function is in the PCB configuration file for the
layers.