Re: gEDA-user: Removing soldermask over traces/polygons in PCB?

Em Qua 19 Jan 2005 01:13, Randall Nortman escreveu:
> I would like to create areas of bare copper, with no soldermask.  In
> particular, I'd like to create grounded guard bands around the edges
> of my board to protect against ESD during handling of the board.  To
> see what I'm trying to do, have a look at the last two slides of:
>
>   http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~benedict/pcbpres.pdf
>
> As far as I can tell, only pads seem to clear the soldermask.  Is it
> possible to get PCB to clear the soldermask over a trace or polygon?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randall Nortman

AFAIK, no. I sometimes do it to increase the current capability of a trace. To
do it, I use the postscript output, convert it to .sk with pstoedit and opens
it with sketch, and there I edit the way I want (and place some logos,
figures, and stuff). And then export to .ps and send to my fab.