Re: gEDA-user: Removing soldermask over traces/polygons in PCB?

Diagonal pads can be made but you have to do a simple modification to
the pcb code.

in create.c comment out the following lines //

Then you can do diagonal pads. I understand why they are discouraged but
being able to rotate a conector 45 degrees was critical for one board!

Steve Meier

P.S. This is why I love open source... If you don't like the rules...
you can change them.

/*
 * creates a new pad in an element
 */
PadTypePtr
CreateNewPad (ElementTypePtr Element,
	      Location X1, Location Y1, Location X2, Location Y2,
	      BDimension Thickness, BDimension Clearance, BDimension Mask,
	      char *Name, char *Number, int Flags)
{
  PadTypePtr pad = GetPadMemory (Element);

  /* copy values */
 // if (X1 != X2 && Y1 != Y2)
 //  {
 //    Message ("Diagonal pads are forbidden!\n");
 //    return NULL;
 //  }
//  pad->Point1.X = MIN (X1, X2);	/* works since either X1 == X2 or Y1
== Y2 */
//  pad->Point1.Y = MIN (Y1, Y2);
//  pad->Point2.X = MAX (X1, X2);
//  pad->Point2.Y = MAX (Y1, Y2);
  pad->Thickness = Thickness;
  pad->Clearance = Clearance;
  pad->Mask = Mask;
  pad->Name = MyStrdup (Name, "CreateNewPad()");
  pad->Number = MyStrdup (Number, "CreateNewPad()");
  pad->Flags = Flags & ~WARNFLAG;
  pad->ID = ID++;
  pad->Element = Element;
  return (pad);