Re: gEDA-user: gerbv 1.0 on RH8

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, primorec wrote:

I am assuming (with no data which could support my assumption) that
steps 3,4,5,6,7,8 are NOT necessary...   but hey, it works for me.
I've build gerbv 1.0 on stock RH8.

Thanks for your report!

I knew this would happen. After complaints that I didn't check what CFLAGS was necessary when to build with libpng I added that check and apperently broke builds on RH8. What is missing is probably the program libpng-config, which you got when you compiled it all yourself. Maybe RH has divided packages into libfoo and libfoo-dev as Debian, so you need something like libpng-dev.rpm?

Anyhow, thanks for this very good error report with fix (!). I will link to this email from the gerbv website when it comes in the gEDA mail archive.

/spe