Re: gEDA-user: PCB pin hole size

You need to check with your board vendor.
I believe AP circuits treats the value in the drill
file as a drill diameter. It is up to the purchaser
to accommodate for the plating.

PCB Express uses the value in the drill file as a
finished hole size and they account for the plating
dimensions. This seems like the correct way to do it.

When I create parts I used the finished hole size.
My PCB file then represents exactly what is required
to create a physically correct board. If I want to
send the board to a different vendor I can post
process
the drill files to accommodate for the differences
in the new process.

If you adjust your drill sizes you need to be careful
that there is sufficient copper remaining after the
drilling operation to reliably plate (annular ring).
Since most vendors have a wide variety of drill sizes
this should not be a problem.

(* jcl *)