Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

Alvin Oga wrote:
hi ya charles

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:05:28 -0800 (PST), Alvin Oga

<insert stream of Gentoo/SuSE/${RANDOM}ix live-CD advocacy here>

i prefer "{random}ix that is backed up with a purchase order :-)
where i'm tasked to make it jump up and down and take them to the moon

- i have yet to find "one" feature that cannot be done
with any random distro ...

Sorry, I'm having real trouble connecting your response to the mail you
quote. Knoppix live and its hardware detection is pretty different to
most commercial distos of any flavour of OS. Seems a pretty relevant feature here too.

powering up and down down of compact flash can be tricky ... since most filesystems dont like to be powered off in the middle of reads and writes

this relates to live / install distro choice how?

"Show me the money."

hey.. that's my line

I still can't find the source code to eagle. Am I missing something?

<blinders on for those that dont like the other one>
eagle comes from http://www.cadsoft.de/download.htm - same source code for freeware vs the one-you-pay-for

if you pay, you get a userID to enter during initial startup,
and i don't pay for sw or support .. yet i expect others to pay me/us ... humm... time for a hypocritic black kettler :-0
</blinders>

Are you suggesting this package may be distributed by others? (if they wanted to on a GPL'd release disk) I can't see this clearly stated.

john

c ya alvin