Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

hi ya john

> Sorry, I'm having real trouble connecting your response to the mail you
> quote.  Knoppix live and its hardware detection is pretty different to
> most commercial distos of any flavour of OS. Seems a pretty relevant
> feature here too.

iirc, knoppix hw detection is a derivative of rh ananaconda

what claus did was to make it nic and pretty ( newbie readable )
without all the jibberish during bootup

> this relates to live / install distro choice how?

lots of ways to boot ... lots of various features everybody wants
	( the extreme case was booting off cf )

> >>I still can't find the source code to eagle. Am I missing something?
> >
> > <blinders on for those that dont like the other one>
> > eagle comes from http://www.cadsoft.de/download.htm
> > 	- same source code for freeware vs the one-you-pay-for
> >
> > 	if you pay, you get a userID to enter during initial startup,
> > 	and i don't pay for sw or support .. yet i expect others to
> > 	pay me/us ... humm... time for a hypocritic black kettler :-0
> > </blinders>
>
> Are you suggesting this package may be distributed by others?

nobody said anything about suggesting or distributing ..

the question was where to find the source code

c ya
alvin