Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:54:54 -0800 (PST), Alvin Oga
<alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what claus did was to make it nic and pretty ( newbie readable )
> without all the jibberish during bootup

good thing it hasn't ever failed for me... I wouldn't know how to
interpret all those pretty colors. :-)

> > Are you suggesting this package may be distributed by others?
>
> nobody said anything about suggesting or distributing ..

...but it's still a valid point. Assuming I don't care about source
for a moment, Cadsoft would need to grant people permission to include
it on their live CD. Call it "putting on the blinders" if you want...
I call it "avoiding problems that I don't want to deal with".

Stuart did a thorough job of checking on the licenses for programs on
his CD. This is no accident.

--
- Charles Lepple