RE: gEDA-user: More footprint stuff

Another use is this:

Imagine your company does not use Linux at all.  A vendor of proprietry
software you use is offering a Linux version of their software, and
allowing you to trial it against their Windows version.  However, they
*only* support RHEL.  To fairly test this software you either have to
buy RHEL to test it on, or use a distribution that is very similar.

(I will probably be in this situation in a few months, so it's useful to
know that such a distribution exists)