Re: gEDA-user: More footprint stuff

Marvin Dickens wrote:
On Thursday 27 January 2005 8:23 pm, Walter Fetter Lages wrote:

On the other hand, PCB allways embed the footprint in pcb file. Hence I
think that its subject to GPL.

You can always draw and use your own footprints.

Regards

Marvin

Hey! You put my words out of context. I was assuming the use of the footprints supplied with PCB. Of course, you can always use your own footprints, and then the pcb files wont'be GPLed.

My point was that if PCB just referenced the footprints, then, with appropriate cautions, you could use the same pcb file with PCB supplied footprints and with your own footprints.

Again, if PCB just referenced the footprints, .pcb files are not GPLed since they do not include the footprints. And with appropriate designed footprints, you could use the .pcb file with your own symbols or with PCB supplied symbols in a interchangeble way.

-- [ ]'s Walter Fetter Lages <mailto:w.fetter@xxxxxxxx> <http://www.eletro.ufrgs.br/~fetter>