Re: gEDA-user: cannot see older schematics content with gschem 20041228 (Mac OS X)

On Friday 07 January 2005 04:08, Charles Lepple wrote:

> In 20040111, if I place a single component in the upper-right corner
> of the window (new document), there is an invisible box (in world
> coordinates) that components seem to be clipped to when the code
> determines what the page extents are. In this case, the upper right
> corner coordinates are roughly (121000, 76000)

??

> Same thing in 20041228, except that the box only extends to
> (24000,17600)

This is the default size (24000,18000) if there is no definition of the
world-size inside the rc-files.
--> /geda/devel/libgeda/include/papersizes.h
#define WIDTH_C		22*MILS_PER+BORDER+1000
#define HEIGHT_C	17*MILS_PER+BORDER

Is there a definition inside your ~/geda/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc?
Is gschem reading that file on your system?

> In both cases, if the component is mostly outside this box, it will
> not be shown during 'zoom extents'. 20040111 is more lenient about
> zooming way out (compare the coordinates), which explains the
> apparent regression when opening old schematics.

zoom extends does not zoom out of the world, your world is smaller than
your schematic.

> Are any Linux users seeing this issue in either version? I can
> reproduce the invisible box problem with 20040111 (same coordinates
> as above) using Debian packages, but I haven't built 20041228 from
> source on Linux yet.

If I remove the (world-size 120.0 90.0 1.0) line in the resource file
the world becomes as small as the world in your schematics.

best regards
werner