Re: gEDA-user: cannot see older schematics content with gschem 20041228 (Mac OS X)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:06:41 +0100, Werner Hoch <werner.ho@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Same thing in 20041228, except that the box only extends to
> > (24000,17600)
>
> This is the default size (24000,18000) if there is no definition of the
> world-size inside the rc-files.
> --> /geda/devel/libgeda/include/papersizes.h
> #define WIDTH_C         22*MILS_PER+BORDER+1000
> #define HEIGHT_C        17*MILS_PER+BORDER
>
> Is there a definition inside your ~/geda/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc?
> Is gschem reading that file on your system?

Werner,

thanks for shedding some light on this.

There is, in fact, a system-gschemrc file
(/sw/etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc using the Fink equivalent of FHS), and
ktrace shows that it is being read.

The only change from the default file was to change the size of the
window, and I have tried this with and without that patch.

> > In both cases, if the component is mostly outside this box, it will
> > not be shown during 'zoom extents'. 20040111 is more lenient about
> > zooming way out (compare the coordinates), which explains the
> > apparent regression when opening old schematics.
>
> zoom extends does not zoom out of the world, your world is smaller than
> your schematic.

Understood, although I guess I am confused about why the world-size
got smaller when that part of the gschemrc file hasn't changed.

> > Are any Linux users seeing this issue in either version? I can
> > reproduce the invisible box problem with 20040111 (same coordinates
> > as above) using Debian packages, but I haven't built 20041228 from
> > source on Linux yet.
>
> If I remove the (world-size 120.0 90.0 1.0) line in the resource file
> the world becomes as small as the world in your schematics.

Just to confirm, are you testing the removal of that line with
20040111, or with 20041228?

thanks,

--
- Charles Lepple