Re: gEDA-user: trace calculation

DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> makes the board look pretty, but I wonder if gentle curves provide
> better waveguide performance than corners?

50 ohm hard coax makes sharp bends all the time, but it's still 50 ohm.
Reflections do exist but they're way down.  This is no doubt because the parts
are designed very carefully.

Isn't tuning trace _lengths_ more important on pcbs than what types of corners
you're using?

Or another way to consider this:  Isn't it possible to make a trace that a
certain frequency cannot pass through due to nothing other than its length?

Phil