Re: gEDA-user: trace calculation

> Why? Via doesn't have much more inductance than a piece of trace,
> does it?

At high enough frequencies, traces are waveguides, not just
conductors.  Vias have nontrivial geometry relative to the signal.

That reminds me of another optimization I'd like to implement in the
future.  Instead of corners, treat all traces like elastic bands, so
that they end up as sweeping curves (lines+arcs) with no corners at
all (except for 3-trace nodes).  I want this myself just because it
makes the board look pretty, but I wonder if gentle curves provide
better waveguide performance than corners?