Re: gEDA-user: lost newbie

> what about the other 21 errors

Your problem is not gEDA.  Rather, your problem is that you need to
learn more about electronics in general, and SPICE (and it's
capabilities) in particular.  No SPICE program in the world can
provide good results at the hands of somebody who doesn't marginally
understand it.

> Sighs geda aint very productive for me at the moment im seriously
> thinking about dumping geda and getting another pc to run windows.

This might be a wise move for you, since gEDA -- although it is not
user unfriendly -- requires a certain threshold of knowledge to use.

I suggest you get a Windoze PC and download LTSpice from the Linear
Technologies website [1].  You should also subscribe to the LTSpice user
group on Yahoo groups.  They are very newbie-friendly there.

> all i want to do i dump components onscreen join them up give it a value
> and run a sim

Ya can't run a sim without knowing something about the simulator.

Stuart

[1]  To the well-known simulation developer who e-mailed me recently
about LTSpice:  Sorry, but LTSpice is a wonderful simulator.   And
it's free (as in beer) too, which is probably all that Marc cares
about.