From: owner-geda-user@xxxxxxxx on behalf of DJ Delorie
Sent: Mon 1/9/2006 9:14 PM
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Vias with zero clearance in PCB?

> I'd like to place numerous vias in a cluster to assist with heat
> transfer or RF shielding integrity. How can I do this in PCB?

If what you mean is "I'd like a bunch of vias with solid connections
to the plane, without thermals or clearance" then the only way to do
so is to add a second polygon in that area that does not have the
"clear pins/vias" flag set.  Amusingly, the way to do this is to use
the "change size" hotkeys (S or Shift-S) on the new polygon.

There is currently no way to specify this on a per-via basis.

<<winmail.dat>>