Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Is the insert-point function working?

DJ Delorie wrote:

Harry, this is the key ... in 20050830 I enabled all-direction lines ... works
beautifully.

Woot, that works for me too!

Although the "inside the poly" rule seems awkward.  I'd expect a
"nearest edge" rule instead.

You don't have to click inside the poly, you can click "near" (within SLOP) to the edge in question,
but if you're inside the polygon you're guaranteed to be close enough. Of course you want to click
near the edge the point should be inserted on, whether inside or outside. You can be extremely sloppy
on the inside however.