Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Clearing polygons in soldermask

Xtian Xultz wrote:

It is important to know that pressing O will get you erros, so it is important

to finish the board before placing that pads.

What you have done is create an (unnamed) element with a single SMD pad.

I like to think of the shield as an element (which after all is a part soldered on the board). So give it a name and add it to the netlist. Name it "Shield 1" for instance and have pin 1 connect to the ground net. If you don't want the shield name on the silkscreen, simply hide it with the "h" key. That way you won't get errors and you won't forget to place it on the board.

Also, the via mask clearances work fine for me in both the post-script and gerber outputs, but it doesn't "jump" the way I described, except on the display, which is a bug. Keep hitting "k" until the clearance exceeds the via diameter, then back it off if you like.