Re: gEDA-user: PCB HID project

> And could you write something more about the reason behind using
> Lesstiff and Xaw in this project? Why is GTK+2 not good enough for you?
> Most of the code using Xaw/Lesstiff/Athena/Tk I saw was some old
> legacy/proprietary/commercial (or all three together) crap.

Well, because I spent eight years writing C++/Motif code in a previous
job, and I haven't learned Gtk yet.

And because one reason for this project is the number of people who
complained that the Gtk version was significantly slower than the Xaw
version.

And because I HATE the way Gtk applications look and work.  I *really*
like the Motif interface.

We're planning on putting the Gtk interface back in also, and probably
a few others.  We're not getting rid of it.  It was just easier for me
to use Lesstif during my development.

And, most of all, because I was the one who stepped up and said "I'll
do it!" ;-)