RE: gEDA-user: wont be watching list :(

It probably depends on what you're doing.  At the place I work all the
unix machines have been replaced because PCs were found to be faster.
I've never found an application where a workstation can beat a decent
Xeon, and they certainly rarely do in benchmarks, but I can believe they
exist.

Of-course for multi-processing they're much better, and built to a high
standard.