Re: gEDA-user: pcb fab recommendations

Frank Eory wrote:
Hello,
I'm not quite sure if it is permitted or not to post an answer on this mailing list. If not, then please answer to my private email address. I live in Canada and I'm looking for cheaper PCB makers then the local company I am ordering from. My PCB is 4" x 3", 2 layer and my last order was for 24. There were some corrections I made to the board and I would like to reorder for a small quantity to be sure I don't end up with a lot of boards I have to correct by hand. Please give me your recommendations for a maker.
Frank

I've used apcircuits (a canadian shop) several times and have always been very pleased. I've used their "proto 1" service which is pretty bare bones. 2 layers, no soldermask, no silk, so you're not going to want to use this if you have some fine pitch packaging where you want the soldermask or in apps where you really need a power plane. But, they are fast and efficient. They do offer some additional capability, but I've not used them for my larger boards with multiple layers.

-Dan