Re: gEDA-user: Line width of silk-screen text

DJ Delorie wrote:

Is there a way to change the default line thickness used by the default
font without increasing the font size itself?

Set the minimum silk width in the "board sizes" dialog. It will emit
gerbers with the right size, even if it shows up thinner on the screen
(yes, there's a reason for that, no, it's not a great reason).

I'm curious to know what the "not a great" reason is. Showing the silkscreen on-screen the same size it will be fabbed is important when laying out tightly spaced components. Shouldn't WYSIWYG be the expectation in this case? As I recall, a couple versions back, PCB used to show the silk the correct size - is there a way to configure the previous behavior?

Thanks,
Joe T

Or would you recommend I chose a different manufacturer? After all
the 0.18mm requirement seems to imply that boards designed even with
PCB's default settings won't be producable.

8 is pretty good. I've seen 6, but not less, in prototype deals.