Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb : coming up empty

On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:01 PM, John Griessen wrote:
Andy Peters wrote:
Happy New Year, gang ...
I tried to run gsch2pcb to get the PCB files, using:
$ andy$ gsch2pcb -v --use-files --elements-dir /Users/andy/ Library/gEDA/pcb power.sch > gs.txt
and I get an odd failure. The three components on the schematic that use footprints in my library (~/Library/gEDA/pcb/asp/) are not handled by the netlister.
.
.
.
If I change
the footprint to something in John's library (anything, it doesn't matter), the component is processed properly and the footprint is found.
So, what causes gsch2pcb to crap out like this?
Have you got a file in the local dir called gafrc
with contents like:
lib-newlib = /home/john/EEProjects/now/circuitboards/footprints_pcb?

If not, and you're using the latest code, you need it.

I have a gafrc in ~/.gEDA, which includes the component-library lines for all of my symbol libraries.

I don't have the elements-dir line in gafrc (I didn't know it could/ should be there), but my command-line has one, and I know that it's being honored because if I change the footprint= line in the schematic that references the bad footprint with a good footprint in my library directory, it works. (Apologies for the run-on sentence!)

I created a project file which includes a use-files directive and an elements-dir line, and used that instead of the command-line above and it still fails in the same way.

So I think that my footprint is broken, but I dunno how or why!

-a