Re: gEDA-user: random observations

On Jan 4, 2007, at 6:57 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

+ Step 3 is "From within PCB, enter :ExecuteFile(boardname.cmd) to
propagate the pin mames of all footprints to the layout."  It wasn't
obvious that you need to choose Window->Command Entry from the main
PCB menu.  Also, the colon in front of :ExecuteFile causes the
command to fail (the terminal shows a log message, "unknown action
`:ExecuteFile").  Removing the colon does the trick.

Pressing ":" is a shortcut for bringing up the Command Entry dialog.

Ah, yeah. I just found the list of key commands, and there it was.

+ gsch2pcb handles netnames with \_ \_ delimiters that indicate
active-low signals and has no trouble creating a netlist with these
characters included.  Importing that netlist into pcb is fine, too.
However, if you save the pcb file, close pcb, then re-open the pcb
file in pcb, you get a syntax error in the pcb file at the first
instance of \_.

IIRC we fixed this one already.

OK, so at some point the stuff in fink will get updated. It's a minor point and easily worked around.

+ Is there any way to have the net name appear on the pads and pins
in pcb?

No.

Oh, that's too bad. It's an amazingly useful feature. How do I submit a feature request?

-a