Re: gEDA-user: Re: bulk embeddeding?

What's the reason you want to embedd?  Is it for archival purposes,
i.e. archiving the design independent of changes to the parts lib?

For archiving, you can try the utility "garchive", which I wrote some
years ago.  It's in the utilities directory.  It's written in Python,
and tries to first figure out which symbols are in your design, then
it grabs those symbols out of the symbol lib and puts them in a local
directory.  Then it grabs a bunch of other dependencies, sticks them
in the local dir, then creates a tarball of the whole mess.

For more info you can look at the garchive source.

It may be brittle, and I have not used it for several years, so if it
fails sorry!

Stuart