Re: gEDA-user: spice-sdb - NPN model in gschem

Hi Kurt --

I fixed your problem.  Several things were going on here.

1.  Somebody (maybe even me) changed the device attribute in
spice-npn-1.sym from NPN_TRANSISTOR to SPICE-NPN.  Since spice-sdb
looked for NPN_TRANSISTOR in order to know what to do, this change
meant that spice-sdb couldn't do the right thing with the symbol.

I fixed this by putting SPICE-NPN (and SPICE-PNP) into the dispatch
list in spice-sdb, so the symbol will now work.  Change is in CVS.

2.  In your schematic, you redefine the device attribute.  Don't do
that.  The device attribute should be a hidden attribute living on the
symbol.  Please remove that attribute from your schematic.

Kurt, please grab the latest stuff from CVS (or at least the latest
gnet-spice-sdb.scm), remove the device attribute from your schematic,
and try again.

A side note:  Gschem's new multiattribute editor is very nifty when
adding attributes, but is a PITA when it comes time to remove
attributes.  I wonder if a little re-think might find a way to add a
"delete" button to the multiattribute editor?  Maybe a job for the
upcoming code sprint?

Cheers,

Stuart