Re: gEDA-user: updating layout with new footprint

Ostheller, Joel A. wrote:

I finished a layout, but decided that I really should change one of my footprints. Is there a way to update my .pcb for all updated footprints without having to redo placement and hand routing? //

A while back David Rowe posted a perl script to this list to automatically update footprints in a PCB file. I added a couple very minor tweaks to work with the part building conventions I use. The algorithm is fairly simple-minded, but I've used it with good success on several occasions.

I can send it to you if you are interested.  No guarantees.

Thanks again to David for making this tool available in the first place.

Joe T