Re: gEDA-user: Silk on vias

David Kuehling wrote:

Hi,

reading through the manufacturer's design rules, I cannot find any
comments on how much distance silk text should keep from vias.  Just
wondering, whether there problems one should be aware of (like silk
detaching and geting to places it doesn't belong?)  Or can vias just be
overprinted?

regards,

David

If the vias are tented (covered with solder resist) you can print over them, although the ink will run on occasion and decrease the legibility of the text. (Vias are tented by default with pcb.) If you are printing small text (< "100%") I would stay clear of vias if you want all the silk to be readable.

Joe T