Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb not updating schematic properly

> 1. I changed the schematic very minor and thus needed a new netlist. The
> layout didn't change... rerunning gsch2pcb updated that netlist for me.

I've learned over my last few projects that the best way for me to
design a board is to do the schematics one page (or module) at a time,
lay out that part of the board, add more pages, lay those out, etc.  I
run gsch2pcb a *lot*.

> 2. I wanted to replace footprints for a part.

You can just delete the elements off the board and rerun gsch2pcb.  It
notices that they're missing and adds replacements.

> #2 would have been made much much easier if I had the latest cvs code
> which allows for the shift click to replace. Unfortunately I do not have
> root access over this machine.

You don't need root to build and run pcb.  Just build it (use the same
configure options as the root-installed one) but put src/pcb-bin in
$HOME/bin/pcb instead of just "make install".