Re: gEDA-user: Which PCB HID is better?

> To me, the less modern the look, the better.  I'm the guy who
> prefers bare X11 with twm over GNOME or KDE or any of that new-
> fangled stuff.  Work over fluff.  So which HID of those available in
> the current PCB would be better for me?  (My real preference would
> be for Xaw, but I think I need to use a recent version of PCB in
> order to read new layout and element files, so I don't think that
> going for an ancient version of PCB would be a good idea, as much as
> I would love it.)

Lesstif, definitely.  It's based on Xt, like Xaw, so you can control
it through .Xdefaults to look as modern or as "ancient" as you like.
I use it with fvwm, with a minimalist colored scheme.

The Lesstif HID is designed to give maximum configurability to the
user, and maximize the amount of screen space allocated to the PCB.
The Gtk HID is not yet fully customizable, but has more "fluff" in the
GUI to help users perform their tasks.