Re: gEDA-user: Which PCB HID is better?

> To be fair, the Gtk HID supports some things that aren't supported
> with Lesstif.

Fluff!  :-)

> Like enabling/disabling nets in the netlist window,

Yeah, I need to add more functionality there.

> or zooming in on an element pin/pad by clicking it in the netlist
> window.

Hmmm... I like that idea.  I couldn't decide what made sense for that
action.

> It's also handy to have the layers and tools pallette on screen.

I just tear off the ones I'm currently working with.  The set of
tear-offs changes depending on what I'm doing.  I actually have the
*grid* tear-off up most of the time.  Rarely the tools, I use function
keys for line/arc and space for arrow.  Layer control is often up, but
usually only for hide/show layers, not current layer.

Of course, the fact that your tear-off layout is forgotten across
sessions is bad, but Motif doesn't expose the API for that.

I've been thinking about letting the user define sidebars and toolbars
in the pcb-menu.res file also, which would let them put what they want
where they want.