Re: gEDA-user: Dual position resistors in gschem/pcb

PCB won't have a problem with what you're talking about.  Lining them
up (and keeping them lined up) might be more difficult than just
creating the symbol and footprint in the first place, and a special
symbol for it reminds you that it's a pick-one option.

I added a "generic 0603" symbol to my library, see
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/symbols/nvtbd/0603.sym

If it were me, I'd create a symbol and footprint for a three-pad
version of this.