Re: gEDA-user: PCB manufacture

On Jan 27, 2007, at 8:11 PM, Lares Moreau wrote:

Anyone ever used the following service?

http://www.goldphoenixpcb.biz/index.php

There is something that is setting off my spidey sense about them. In particular, the 'fail rate' of 15%. What exactly does this mean?

It means "you get what you pay for." No rules checking, no error checking, just run-and-gun.

Relative to other places I've been looking at they are really inexpensive.

I've had good luck with PCB Express (now called Sunstone) and Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com) for quick-turn small quantity stuff.

At the day job we use Circuit Express (http:// www.circuitexpress.com/) in Tempe, AZ; they're real good. If they find any issues with your gerbers, they call and sort things out with you.

-a