Re: gEDA-user: Fitting a hobbyist design into someone else's form factor

On 1/28/07, Michael Sokolov <msokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello fellow gEDA/PCB users,

I would like to fit my design into the form factor from an existing
gadget so that I don't have to invent my own mechanical design and can
utilise a ready-made enclosure.  This means that I need to carefully
measure out the existing board in order to reproduce its mechanical form
factor.

You may want to try using a digital camera to take a picture of the board or enclosure. Use image-magick/gimp to simplify and scale the image. You could then print out a piece of paper, verify it matches the enclosure and take your measurements with a transparent rule.

Maybe there is a way to use a image as a background inside PCB.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org