Re: gEDA-user: anyone using PCB .xy files?

On Jan 2, 2008 6:31 PM, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is anyone using or has anyone used the centroid files (.xy files) that
pcb exports?

I'm asking because I just fixed a bug which has been there since the
code was first written that flipped everything about the x-axis and also
translated it in the y direction by the height of the board.

I just fixed that bug, but it makes me wonder if anyone has ever
actually used the output.

This came up while one of the gerbv developers was fixing up the code
for displaying pcb .xy files.

If anyone is or has used these files, were there other issues that
should be fixed?

Thanks,
-Dan

I've  supplied the .xy files to our board stuffer, in some cases also supplying them hints as to
the orientation and origin of the data (especially if the gerber files have a different orientation).

They have always figured it out.

Joe T