Re: gEDA-user: Teaser screenshots

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 16:33 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 02:28:26 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > You'll be wanting this package
> > http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/electronics-menu_1.0-1_all.deb
>
> I only get a "missing page" from this URL :-|

Sorry, the file permissions were wrong. Try again.

> > What does
> > dpkg-query -L "libgeda*"
> > and
> > dpkg-query -L "geda-*"
> > show?
>
> They show, that I haven't installed the corresponding packages. This is
> ok, because I have always used the geda iso image or cvs version of gEDA
>

> > (I take it you haven't been building from git, or the 1.3.0 tarballs
> > recently,
>
> I did, during my not yet successful translation efforts ...
>

> > if so that's most likely where they'll have come from,
> > installed in ~/.local/share/...)
>
> Yes indeed. I found them in ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps
> This still shows that the icons work right out of the box :-)

Clicking on files won't unfortunately, as ~/geda/bin won't be on the
search path from the context of your desktop file manager. (Nor will the
appropriate LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

I was working on some optional configure time options to encode hard
paths to the appropriate files at build time.. so then everything really
would work out of the box!

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton