Re: gEDA-user: KJWaves - new release (a r)

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 22:41 +0000, a r wrote:

> Well, last time I tried gschem it didn't work for me. It had no
> hierarchical circuit support, no ready to use components, no
> auto-numbered instances. It was slow to redraw and its wire editing
> mode was only slightly better than drawing them in a general purpose
> vector graphics editor.

I'm guessing this was some while ago you used gschem.

It does hierarchy, although I'm not entirely sure how it is used in
relation to spice.

It has had many rounds of drawing fixes recently, and does indeed ship
basic symbols ready for use. Auto numbering has been added (as a dialog
for renumbering components), and I think there is also an option to have
on-the-fly numbering of new components.

If there are areas where gschem shows bugs, or can't do something you
need, please let us know. It isn't good for the project (and open source
tools as a whole) if people are left with bad impressions of the
software, but don't make any feedback known.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,