From: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Clifton
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 9:54 AM
To: gEDA user mailing list
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: geda tarball

> So lets give it a try.  Applications Education GNU EDA schematic editor
> and NOTHING.  After all that I have lost gschem.  I guess it is
> somewhere on my disk.

Ok, perhaps I misunderstood the first time... do you still have the icon
from the Ubuntu installed version?

I have under the applications tab education and under that I have the gschem
tab.  Looking close I'm wondering if the name was changed to "GNU EDA
schematic editor" as it looked a bit longer than I remember?  NOT SURE.

Try running "gschem" directly from a terminal window, and see how that
works. It may print some useful debugging output if it fails.

Please excuse my ignorance, I'll cd to my desktop or my home or somewhere
else?

I'm wondering if runing "sudo ldconfig" may be required after installing
libgeda.

I will try that but again not sure from what directory?

I'm leaving for home so will try asp thanks again for your valuable help and
support Ian.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,