gEDA-user: geda tarball

I am in the process of updating my gschem tools to 1.2.0
stable.  ./configure reported guile not found so I got guile 1.6 from
the ubuntu package manager.  That was not accepted so I pulled in 1.8
that was okay but I was missing libgeda so I pulled that in and that
took out guile 1.8 but left 1.6.  now it reports

checking for LIBGEDA... no
configure: error: libgeda detection error: Requested 'libgeda >=
20070902' but version of libgeda is 20070626

So I pulled in the tarball libgeda 1.2.1 and ./configure was okay sudo
make did a lot of work and seems okay and sudo make install too.

Back to gschem1.2.0 sudo ./configure okay sudo make okay sudo make
install okay.

So lets give it a try.  Applications Education GNU EDA schematic editor
and NOTHING.  After all that I have lost gschem.  I guess it is
somewhere on my disk.

	Situation I'm not able to invoke gschem I guess I can always reinstall
from Ubuntu package manager but I'm sure it's something silly that I've
done.  Any help greatly appreciated Ian.