Re: gEDA-user: a project documentation system

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:53:26 +0000
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 01:19 +0100, Levente wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 22:45:12 +0000
> > Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Can you persuade your webserver to serve mime-types such as:
> > >
> > > application-x-pcb-layout
> > > application-x-pcb-footprint
> > > application-x-pcb-netlist
> > > application-x-geda-schematic
> > > application-x-geda-symbol
>
> Note the typos in the above, it should be application/x-....

Yes, I got that.

> I tried with telnet, but can't remember enough raw HTTP to work out what
> content type it is serving as. I don't think its emitting a

use wget

> The file association doesn't seem to be working at the moment, the
> browser thinks the content might be harmful and will only let me save it
> on disk. I get the impression it doesn't know how to deal with it.
>
> I should also have mentioned applicaton/x-gerber and
> application/x-excellon

I had some time to hack on this topic. You have to add lines in your
/etc/mailcap file. On debian, one should not edit that file by hand. There is
a update-mime util for that. So my /usr/lib/mime/packages/geda looks like
this:

application/x-pcb-layout; pcb '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY" ; priority=4
application/x-pcb-footprint; pcb '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY" ; priority=4
application/x-pcb-netlist; gvim '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY" ; priority=4
application/x-geda-schematic; gschem '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY" ; priority=4
application/x-geda-symbol; gschem '%s'; test=test -n "$DISPLAY" ; priority=4

Then one should run update-mime. I don't know what system are you using
though.

cheers,

--
Levente