gEDA-user: more insanity and documentation

I've started the second "first" board in the Getting Started manual.
So far, it only goes through creating the schematic and symbols (no
details on those), a footprint, and the hooks you need to tie them all
together.  No board work yet.  This board will cover the gschem
integration, custom footprints, and autorouter.  The third will add
SMT, polygons, vias, and multi-layer boards.

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/

Now for the insanity...

I've done two modules for the USB pod I did back when.  The first is
an LED "workbench" which lets you drive two types of LEDs, and make
measurements on one (the RGB one).  The second module is an array of
128 red and green LEDs to make an 8x8 "screen".

http://www.delorie.com/electronics/usb-gpio/

Yes, I hand-soldered 128 LEDs and 80 through-vias.  Hence the
insanity, although the LEDs and transistors were reflowed on my
hotplate.  I still had to put down 256 paste dots and place all the
LEDs.  This board really pushed the accuracy of my PCB fab setup.  The
traces were all 6.7 mil, and the vias were 13.5 mil drills - and only
one fab fixup was needed (the other wire was because I delaminated a
trace while repairing one of the LEDs).

Keep in mind - the board is only about an inch square.  Those are 0603
LEDs and SOT-323 transistors.