Re: gEDA-user: more insanity and documentation

Thanks for your help - but I still can't figure out how to load my own sym files or symbol library.  I haven't been able to find a start-up procedure for gEDA - perhaps I missed it.  At this point, I think I'd better start a new thread...

DJ Delorie wrote:
Read ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file [/home/Ethan/.gEDA/gschemrc]

Looks like it found it.  I make them both pretty much identical,
because tools usually read one or the other but not both.

My goal is to set up a component symbol and footprint libraries off of
my home directory.

This is what I do; I point to my gedasymbols working directory.

Impressive job on the 0603's!  I've put some thought to making an LED
matrix like that, but OLED displays are getting cheaper (~$20 @ Digikey).

I've played with the oleds too (see the alarm clock project) but at
the moment I'm in a "let's see what we can do with this pod" mode.  My
next module will be a JTAG interface for a CPLD, not that I have any
need for a CPLD, but they're only a dollar at digikey.