Re: gEDA-user: Attributes in pcb footprint files -- is this a new feature?

> Borrowing from ASIC flow: width/length, number of pins.

Hmmm... elements should already know this; they have a bounding box
and they can just count their pins.

But in general, "put whatever you want in there".  It's for expansion,
third party scripts, etc.

We did suggest, when we were talking about it, to use a tool-specific
prefix for tool-specific data.  For example, a 3dplotter called "foo"
would store its attributes as "foo.shapefile" or somewhat.