Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.4.0-20080127 released!

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 02:33 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008, at 10:25 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> >> Release Notes: TBD
> >
> > Now available at:
> >
> > http://geda.seul.org/release/v1.4/1.4.0/gaf-1.4.0-relnotes.html
>
>    While I've not read the release notes yet...I noticed some new
> dependencies that I'm pretty sure didn't exist in 1.2.0, GNU gettext
> in particular.  GNU gettext is a real pain for anyone who doesn't run
> Linux (which I don't) on a PC (which I don't).  In particular, it
> doesn't even build under Solaris, and hasn't for the past several
> releases.  I also have zero interest in building a multi-lingual
> gschem.  Is there some way to disable the use of gettext so I can run
> the new release?

--disable-nls should do it for the code.

Could you post the config.log output, and any build warnings, since this
was not intended. Its probably come about from using the Gnome intltool
translation infrastructure for translating the desktop integration
files.

For non- GNU libc systems, it should be the case that the "intl"
directory is built, and that provides a statically linked libintl.

I note that this build fails under Windows (ok, cross-compiled using
mingw headers), since that implementation has a few #define clashes with
some some locales from Windows).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,