Re: gEDA-user: intltool version check

>> Hmmmmm.....  Can intltool be off by default until it is more stable
>> and works more reliably?   This will give folks who want it the
>> opportunity to turn it on and play with it, while others won't need to
>> fool with it.
>>
>> Just my grumpy opinion......
>
> Its causing more trouble than I'd expected.
>
> Perhaps we can compromise.. developers could use it in a more manual way
> to update translations for the .desktop files, and we ship those
> pre-translated files as part of the dist-tarball.
>
> Like "--enable-maintainer-mode", (but not).

That's one way to do it, I suppose.

My top-level requirement is simply that the I18N stuff not introduce
any new dependencies into gEDA/gaf.  If your --enable-maintainer-mode
flag eliminates any requirement that the end-user have intltool (and
readline, etc...), then go for it.  OTOH, if the other dependencies
are still there, then we need a different way.

Cheers,

Stuart