Re: gEDA-user: intltool version check

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 11:00 +0100, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> while compiling I got:
> checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... 0.34.1 found. Your intltool is too
> old.  You need intltool 0.35.0 or later.
>

> I installed new version 0.37 but the result is the same.
> In the same shell I checked with:
> zfrdh@tux01:~/gaf> intltoolize --version
> intltoolize (GNU intltool) 0.37.0

Where is your intltool installed? It is possible that the check is
finding an old system installed one. The check comes from the line:

IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)

in configure.ac

This macro is provided in aclocal.m4, and appears to be running a rather
odd test. It checks the version of various files which have been
generated / copied in place by intltoolize.

Re-run ./autogen.sh for libgeda, gschem and gattrib (or run make
reconfig at the top level), and this should go away.

> Which test is performed from configure and maybe which old file must be
> removed to get correct version in check?

Sorry for the intltool hastle.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton