Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.4.0-20080127 released!

[snip]
>> checking for msgfmt... (cached) :
>> configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool
>> make: *** [libgeda-1.4.0/config.h] Error 1
>
>intltool appears to rely on some of the binary tools from GNU gettext.
>If you can't install those, try disabling intltool forcibly in
>configure.ac.in, comment out line:
>
>IT_PROG_INTLTOOL(0.35.0)

	Please add a flag at ./configure time that lets users completely
disable intltool and any thing else it requires.  I had no idea intltool
actually _requires_ GNU gettext.

	The athernative is that we comment out all the desktop stuff and
users who want it have to comment it in and regenerate all the auto*
files.

	This sort of thing is important enough that I will spin a 1.4.1.

								-Ales