Re: gEDA-user: Printing schematics

___________________(Below this line)

all: schematic1.pdf schematic2.pdf schematic3.pdf     <--- (List your
dependencies (in this case outputs) for "all" here)
I guess I need to have "all:sheet01.pdf sheet02.pdf etc" somewhere?  I guess
a file called rule? then typing %.pdf:%.ps "cr" "tab" "ps2pdf $< $@"
generates the pdf documents from ps documents?

ALTERNATIVE simply type make all?
Sorry to be a bit confused here.  Ian.

%.pdf: %.ps                                           <--- (Making a .pdf
file depends on a file / rule with same name, but with .ps)
        ps2pdf $< $@                                  <--- (A command to
make .pdf from .ps files)

%.ps : %.sch                                          <--- (Making a .ps
file depends on a file / rule with same name, but with .sch)
        gschem -p -o $@ -s ./print.scm $<             <--- (A command to
make .ps files from .sch files)
BUT before I do that I need to generate all the dot.ps files.  I create the
Makefile per DJ.  Then a new rule file "sheet01.ps sheet02.ps etc".  Then
type "%.ps : %.sch" "cr" "tab" "gschem -p -o $@ -s ./print.scm $<" gets me
the dot.ps files?  Ian.

Note that those indents above are TAB characters, and SPACES will not work.

In the directory you saved the Makefile, just type "make" or make all,
and it will generate the .pdfs. Note, the first rule encountered will be
run if you don't specify any command line options. (IIRC).