Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbol.org and the usage of overbar for inverted pins

Am Donnerstag, den 01.01.2009, 15:04 +0100 schrieb Werner Hoch:
> Hi all,
>
> since 3 years now, with the release 20060123, gschem (libgeda) has a
> special feature to encode overbars over text strings in the text
> definition.
>
> Text that is encapsulated in two "\_" markers will be displayed with an
> overbar over the text region. Examples:
>   pinlabel=\_Reset\_
>   pinlabel=R/\_W\_

How important is the \_ at the end of the text? (I think some of my
symbols may miss that like pinlabel=\_Reset)

> BTW: Please consider to use gsymcheck -vv to check your symbols, it
> might find some additional things to fix.

Yes -- I did this when I start making my first own symbols two years
ago. But at that time  gsymcheck reported problems for many of the
symbols shipped with gEDA. I think i.e. there were reports about missing
footprints ...

OK, lets check

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~ $ gsymcheck -vv /usr/share/gEDA/sym/io/io-1.sym
gEDA/gsymcheck version 1.4.1.20080929
gEDA/symcheck comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Checking: /usr/share/gEDA/sym/io/io-1.sym
Warning: Missing footprint= attribute
Warning: Missing refdes= attribute
Warning: Did not find numslots= attribute, not checking slotting
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
3 warnings found
2 ERRORS found

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski