Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbol.org and the usage of overbar for inverted pins

On Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 01.01.2009, 15:04 +0100 schrieb Werner Hoch:
> > since 3 years now, with the release 20060123, gschem (libgeda) has
> > a special feature to encode overbars over text strings in the text
> > definition.
> >
> > Text that is encapsulated in two "\_" markers will be displayed
> > with an overbar over the text region. Examples:
> >   pinlabel=\_Reset\_
> >   pinlabel=R/\_W\_
>
> How important is the \_ at the end of the text? (I think some of my
> symbols may miss that like pinlabel=\_Reset)

The current implementation of the overbar feature accepts that. But you
should fix them. The next or any different implementation might not
accept it.
Just the same reason why html should be valid, even if a single browser
can display it correctly.

> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~ $ gsymcheck -vv /usr/share/gEDA/sym/io/io-1.sym
> gEDA/gsymcheck version 1.4.1.20080929
[...]
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
> ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=1 attribute in the symbol
> 3 warnings found
> 2 ERRORS found

werner@linux-m82i:~/oss/geda/gaf> gsymcheck -vv symbols/io/io-1.sym
gEDA/gsymcheck version 1.5.1.20081221
[...]
Warning: Found the same number in a pinnumber attribute and in a net
attribute [1]
4 warnings found
No errors found

The message changed in the current git version of gsymcheck.
Use gsymcheck only as an advisor, not a dictator.

Regards
Werner